KRIS RICHARDSON BREWER
Kris grew up in the mountains of Southern California. She and her family have lived in the Bay Area for over 20 years.
Kris has studied, created and exhibited paintings, prints and sculptural work for over 25 years.
- Fairview Capital, permanent collection, Larkspur, CA
- Peninsula Museum of Art, group exhibition, Belmont, CA
- Terrain Gallery, group and solo exhibitions, San Francisco, CA
- Yerba Buena Gardens 3rd, 4th, & 5th Annual Sculpture Walk, group invitational, San Francisco, CA
- Generations Fine Art Gallery, group exhibition, Yountville, CA
- Ramnarine Gallery, group and solo exhibitions, Manhattan, NY
- Palace of Fine Arts, solo exhibition, San Francisco, CA
- San Francisco's Preservation Hall, solo exhibition, San Francisco, CA
- Exploratorium Gallery, V.A.R.I.O.U.S. Media, Group invitational, San Francisco, CA
- Zamost-Ryman Residence, painting commission, Mill Valley, CA
- Dr. James Gardner, permanent collection, Greenbrae, CA
- Fusion Restaurant, solo exhibition, Los Angeles, CA
- Mary Ellen Quentz residence, sculpture commission, Laguna Beach, CA
- Jeff Bowden residence, sculpture commission, Tiburon, CA
- Tuesday Artwalk, Mill Valley, CA
- Marin Open Studios, Mill Valley, CA
- Terrain Gallery, An Evening with Koko & Friends, group Exhibition, San Francisco, CA
- Marin Masquerade Soiree & Sculpture Walk, solo exhibition, Mill Valley, CA
- Inktomi Corporation, permanent collection, San Mateo, CA
- Dan Whitmore residence, sculpture commission, Corte Madera, CA
- 48 Market Street Gallery, select group and solo exhibitions, Venice, CA
- Global Gallery, group invitational, Tiburon, CA
- Sol Y Luna, solo exhibition, San Francisco, CA
- Santa Monica College Gallery, Printmakers Exhibition, group invitational, Santa Monica, CA
- Artists Against AIDS, William Turner Gallery and 48 Market Street Gallery, group invitational, Venice, CA
- Six Woman Exhibition Benefitting Babies with AIDS, 48 Market Street Gallery, Venice, CA
- City Gallery, Santa Monica City College, select group and solo exhibitions, Santa Monica, CA
2005 Gracenet, Peninsula Museum of Art Exhibition Critique
2004 Marin Independent Journal, "Sculpture Headed to Florida."
1998 CNN World Report, "An Evening with Koko, the Painting Gorilla, and Other Artists."
1997 San Francisco Chronicle, "Sculpture Walk."
1995 Architectural Digest--Buckingham Residence, "Venice"- Lino cut prints
All works of art on this website are created by Kris Richardson Brewer. Some of the paintings on this site are created by both Kris Richardson Brewer and Lisa Chipkin.
KRIS BREWER Events Timeline--
LOS ANGELES 1985-1995
Printmaking and Sculpture--
Kris attended Santa Monica City College and Mission Renaissance Art School in West LA, studying printmaking for many years before moving onto sculpture.
She exhibited her abstract cement and metal sculpture work with 48 Market St. Gallery in Venice, CA from 1990 to 1995.
SF BAY AREA 1995-1998
Kris moved to the Bay Area in 1995, studied painting and sculpture at Fort Mason Art campus, represented by Terrain Gallery in downtown San Francisco.
Three of Kris's sculptures--both abstract and figurative --were chosen as permanent installations at Yerba Buena Gardens for three summers running.
Kris was featured in a CNN special about artists and animals that paint.
Kris's sculpture "With You in Spirit" was chosen out of 300 artistic works for an exhibition at The Peninsula Museum of Art in Belmont, CA.
NEW YORK 1998-2000
After winning an internship at Ramnarine Gallery and Foundry in New York City, Kris spent the next two years focused on creating large scale cast bronze sculptural work.
BAY AREA 2000-present
After returning to the Bay Area where she resides today, Kris studied at the San Fransisco Art Institute, this time focused on refining her painting.
Kris's Nightscapes Series has become her passion project. They celebrate simpler times and the coziness of old landmark buildings which might--she fears--at any moment disappear.
She has found hidden gems to commemorate through paintings and prints in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Marin county.
Kris's influences include Gerhart Richter, Mark Rothko, Ross Bleckner, Kiki Smith, Mark Grieve, and Silvia Poloto.